Telling the public
From E-Consultation Guide
Often it is necessary to give the participants some information about an issue, or a proposed policy, before starting a consultation. This has two aspects.
- Awareness raising (publicity to engage consultees)
- Disseminating information on the consultation topic (one-way communication)
Publicity to engage consultees
- Advertising (e.g. radio, newspapers, Google Adwords)
- E-mailed newsletters
- Social networking sites (e.g. Bebo, MySpace,Facebook, Friendster) and popular blogs
Information on the consultation topic
- Post out 100-page consultation documents,
- and be surprised if many people read and understand the document and have the time to reply.
- Set up a website
- Tell your stories on blogs
- Use rich media