Oliver's Consultation Processes
From E-Consultation Guide
Oliver (2006)  outlines that for a successful consultation, the following phases need to be carried out:
1. Pre-consultation planning
- define the objectives of the consultation exercise;
- identify your target audience(s);
- identify how best to reach them;
- prepare the materials – feedback forms, event planning, scripting adverts, designing posters etc.
2. The consultation process
- consultation events – meetings, online forums, workshops, submission forms etc;
- publicity campaign to ensure the public knows how they can take part;
- on-going monitoring of the various aspects of the consultation – ensure that the website is working, the advert appears in the paper etc.
3. Consultation feedback
- provide feedback to the people who participated in the consultation;
- carry out an evaluation of your consultation to identify the areas which worked best, what didn’t work so well and why.
Graph image creation requires permission to upload.